Thursday, September 30, 2010

You Will Be Missed Tony Curtis!


I was sad to hear that Tony Curtis passed away late last night. It was one of those moments where everything stopped for just a second. Tony was one of the best actors of his generation, and he was such a charming man! He did it all, dramas, comedies, cameos... He was a method actor who didn't get lost in the method. I know I am not the only one who is going to mourn this amazing man, and my heart goes out to his family.

I am hoping that TCM does some sort of tribute to Tony in the near future. In the meantime... here are some of my favorite Tony Curtis films...
Operation Petticoat
Tony and Cary Grant had such amazing chemistry! Two men never looked so good on a pink submarine!
Some Like it Hot
I ADORE this movie. Tony and Marilyn Monroe steam up every scene.... and Tony in drag... It doesn't get much better than that!
Paris- When It Sizzles
Tony just has a cameo in this one... but he is unforgettable as Audrey's fake boyfriend!

Sex and the Single Girl
Natalie Wood, Lauren Bacall.... Tony Curtis.... Need I say more? (Oh and BTW.... it has Edward Everett Horton too!)

The Defiant Ones
This is my favorite Tony Curtis movie! The film is wrought with racist emotions and was controversial for its time. If you haven't seen this one, it is a MUST!

No comments:

Post a Comment