Thursday, November 4, 2010

Silent Awareness Month

I have decided that November is going to be Silent Awareness Month on Confessions!

Like many classic film fans, I came to appreciate silent films much later than any other genre. I think there are still so many folks out there that don't know much about silents and I thought a month long tribute would be informative and maybe flame some of those silent sparks out there!

Silent films are an endangered species... and an important way to protect and preserve their existence is to generate new fans...

I am by no stretch of the imagination a silent expert. I just find film history fascinating and lets face it... silent features started it all....

Every week this month, I am going to strive to highlight two actors from this period of film. Most of the actors will be ones you have heard of, but I hope these posts spur you on to the adventure of silent cinema!

1 comment:

  1. This really is a great idea. I'm just beginning to "get into" silent films, and I always love reading what you have to say about them.

    ReplyDelete